Okay, today I'm gonna try something new on the blog, and something I've seen work with fantastic results on the Granny Sue Blog. I'm going to have a contest among all the readers of this site who want to join in. These riddles come from the book, "German-American Folklore" edited by Mac E. Barrick. Mind you, some of these German riddles can be the obvious!
Just leave a comment with your answers to enter this amazing contest!! Prizes will be awarded!
1) What goes through a creek with six legs and gets only four of them wet?
2) What passes in front of the sun without casting a shadow?
3) What stands on one leg and has its heart in its head?
4) What is it? The more you eat, the more you have?
5) What is it? He who makes it does not reveal it; he who takes it does not recognize it, and he who recognizes it does not want it?
6) How much dirt is there in a hole that is a foot square and a foot deep?
7) Your mother had a child, which is neither your brother nor your sister. Who was it?
8) Where did Noah hit the first nail?
9) What kind of stones are found in the river?
10) What is blacker than a crow?
11) What has more feathers than a goose?
12) Why does a miller wear a white hat?
Whomever gets the most correct answers (or the most original) wins a nickel's worth of five dollar bills and a mention on this blog.
Answers will be revealed in 2 days.
2 hours ago